Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The next chapter...Book of Mormon Challenge

I'm excited for our new challenge blog! We will use this blog for different challenges we think of. The first one we talked about is reading the Book of Mormon in 3 months. Dad will post the schedule, we all do the reading and then each week, or more if you desire, everyone can post something they learned or any questions, etc.

I liked this quote from Conference and thought I'd start off the posting with this:

Paul V. Johnson of the seventy said "Sometimes we want to have growth without challenges and to develop strength without any struggle. But growth cannot come by taking the easy way. We clearly understand that an athlete who resists rigorous training will never become a world-class athlete. We must be careful that we don’t resent the very things that help us put on the divine nature.

Not one of the trials and tribulations we face is beyond our limits, because we have access to help from the Lord. We can do all things through Christ, who strengthens us (see Philippians 4:13)."

I'm excited for the growth that will come from reading and talking about the scriptures with all of you. How about this week while we're getting this started everyone could post one of their favorite topics over conference - or something you really liked that was mentioned. I'd love to hear! I need to go read up on some, I feel like I missed a lot this conference. So I may come back and post some more. Happy posting!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, thank you for getting this going. We're reading the Book of Mormon as a family, but it's only about 5 verses at a time, so I lose focus on what's going on. It'll be nice to hear everyone's take on it all. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I am ready for this one also... lets all gain some spiritual weight by feasting on the words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Daughter - I've posted the schedule for those who want to read fast (31 days) multiple times, or slower (93 days) to fit it in their schedule. I'm looking forward to "delight in fatness" over the next few months.

    ReplyDelete