Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Murmur Schmurmur

I'm just going to post my thoughts throughout the week as I read, there's no way that I would be able to remember & hold it all in 'til Sunday. As I read about Laman & Lemuel, it's interesting how infectious people's attitudes can be on others. Laman had that effect on Lemuel. They murmured about everything & were usually compelled into humility by the spirit so they would finally obey. I took a look at myself...am I a Laman? Do I whine about things the leaders ask me to do in the church, then try to get people on my side with my views? I need to be a Nephi and "go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." So, I'm going to be a Nephi, and not criticize, murmur, or be difficult & whiney when there is a change in the way of doing things or am asked to do something that may require some faith & effort.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment Juli. I like that..."am I a Lemuel?" Sometimes we are without even thinking about it! I need to step back often also evaluate my actions and words.

    ReplyDelete