Friday, June 17, 2011

So I'm slow

I skip around reading different things - the Ensign, certain topics for lessons I'm going to teach, scriptures, etc. I need to be better at reading those things and always read the Book of Mormon from where I am also. But I was doing a study - I love the word Remember in the scriptures. I've always wanted to read through and as I came upon this word write about it in my little Remember journal. So I started that and then lost the journal! So I felt like I couldn't keep reading, dumb I know. So I read around and studied other things - and now I have found the journal, so I am continuing on my search. This morning I was reading in 1 Nephi 21. I loved it and felt the love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for all of us and at that moment I felt it for me. I have always loved verse 16, but today it just felt even more special for some reason. In the end of verse 15 - ok it says the opposite of remember - it says forget, but only to clarify that he doesn't forget us - he remembers and loves us. It reads: "...yet will I not forget thee, O house of Isael. 16. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me." I felt the love that he was trying to describe to us about how much he loves us. I could just picture him saying "I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands!" I know he wants us to remember His love for us. It is important to feel loved in life, that is their main message to us.

What does the end of the scripture mean: "...thy walls are continually before me." Thoughts anyone?

I will share more "remember" scriptures soon!

2 comments:

  1. ALERT, ALERT - a post on this blog! OK, no more slacking - everyone post something - I don't care what about! :) Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, O Remember - 'tis a good thing for us to do, but sometimes our head hurts or we're too tired. The House of Israel has been told that they are wayward, but still HIS children, still HIS chosen people, and I believe HE is telling them that their boarders (walls) are being enlarged (scattering), but HE remembers where they are planted (see Jacob 5). HIS children are engraven upon the palms of HIS hands and HE cannot/will not forget them; HIS arm is stretched out all the day long after them. Where ever HIS children are they may seek HIM and find HIM, and be gathered to HIS Holy House; and within those walls may be sealed HIS. HE has not chosen another people outside the walls of the House of Israel to do HIS work; our hearts must be available to HIM, and HIS work will go forward to all nations, kindreds, tongues and peoples, who may also may be brought within HIS walls. Ultimately, the Jews will recognize HIM as the Messiah who was with them, and will worship him in gratitude to know the miracle of the scattering and gathering that has occurred, all while they were wondering where HE was - waiting at their door, while expanding their walls, only to gather ALL HIS children within HIS walls. Thy walls, House of Israel, are continually befoe ME, and I will carefully scatter you, sanctify you through trials, and gather you home, within MY walls. You'll probably know better next time than to ask a question! Anyway, that's my best guess - do you want me to elaborate?

    ReplyDelete